Saturday, June 11, 2005

Liverpool allowed to defend crown

Whoa! Although i am very glad that they won (so at least I can look people in the eye when I talk about my team), I wasn't really concerned whether they are allowed to come back next year.
To me, the CL win is 20% fluke and 30% luck. Hey but I am happy!
Let's face it, it's not a team of calibre, yet. And Benitez haven't earned my respect... his investment skills like mine, need a lot of improvement. If not for the players he inherited, his ass would be on the line.
I think the backline is solid enough, what the Reds need is someone to partner Gerrard, with equal calibre - consistent and versatile. Blues have Lampard+Robbens, Devils have Scholes-Giggs, Gunners have Viera+Pires... The spanish duo ain't there yet.
I want to see them back in top 3 in Premiership. CL is just a circus by comparison.. not the acid test of strength, otherwise Gunners would have won last year and Chelsea..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh come on..enjoy your luck and shut up! Next session the Reds are gonna get their ass kicked around so bad that Gerrard will finally kiss goodbye.

SampahMan said...

Whats the other 50%? Talent/skill?
So no chance that Xavi/Gerrard is going to be good? By the way, Scholes/Giggs ain't all that (maybe in the late 90s).

Weekhang Teoh said...

50%? Gerrard.
Bolo Zenden, maybe.. (just because he's dutch, i like)