Saturday, August 06, 2005

Just another season?

Unless the Pool wins.. of course.
Lazy to write - took this off soccernet, which is largely congruent with what I think..
"Am I the worst football fan on the planet? Sometimes it feels like it. (I always feel like it) I never think we are going to do anything and then, boom, biggest prize in club football.
A shocking season, characterised by abject performances and humiliating defeats in the Premiership. The only time I felt truly happy (And I felt 'ah.. someone pls end the suffering') was when the 180th minute of each knock-out round of the Champions League was over and Liverpool had recorded another, often close, victory. Despite the final win, they have to do better in the league this time round.
Even I, however, think they'll be an improvement this season. We might not recreate that night of Turkish delight, but I don't care as long as they're strong week to week. Benitez has proved that when push comes to shove he's got the tactics to rival anyone and with everything that's gone on this summer, I whole heartedly believe Gerrard will play the season of his life. (I was hoping Zenden will do the same..)
Carragher has his rightful place in the England team to earn and Xabi Alonso is on course to cementing his place as an Anfield legend. (I don't know.. let's see) The rest of the boys, new and old, have to prove they're worthy of the title European champions. And I think they will... Jose, Arsene and Alex will all be seeing red by May. (YES!) "
By Liverpool fan Tony Birchley.


Henry said "My only demand is to lead the team to silverware. I didn't come to the game for the money. Yes, there is money in the game, but sometimes the game is more important." Wohh... If you noticed in that commercial he's the one who stayed on the beach while his 'colleagues' pull off their stunts... wonder if that's also Henry in real life. You're a lucky man Wenger.
For that I think Arsenal is still a force to be reckoned with. Henry always have a place in my Corinthians.
Oh btw, if you are a soccer fan, go to fantasy.premierleague.com and enter 68914-21501 to join our league.

1 comment:

SampahMan said...

I'm determined to make this my most successful fantasy season yet. So of cuz, I'll be gunning for you. I also got Henry in my team, since i know he's got the quality to score all those goals. My pick for the season: Chelski