Wednesday, November 23, 2005

More about my tank

I managed to solve the algae problem with this fella - a gold spotted pleco. He impressed me from day one, took away the green carpet on the tank wall within 2 days. The driftwood looks pretty polished now too.














By the way, here is my tank's Specification:
Volume: 10L
Current pH: 7.4 (was around 6.4 when started)
Temperature: 29C (I don't really trust the strip termo though)

Constructor: Eric (you can call him for your tank job, quote my name for discount)
Plant: Java Moss, Wendelov Fern
Fish Population:
1 yellow female Guppy waiting for mate
7 neon tetras
(theme: snow white and the 7 drawfs)
1 featherfin squeker
1 gold spotted pleco (don't know the actual name)

What's so good about it:
>1 month old tank, small but stable, no casualties since day 3 of inception. Love the driftwood - plenty of hiding space for everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wk, your temperature a bit too high oh. your java moss might be 'stunned' or very slow in growth.

Weekhang Teoh said...

well.. I don't really trust the strip thermometer, I'm going to get the tube type at some point.
But yes, the java moss doesn't grow that fast, and I don't have a solution in mind yet if the temperature is indeed to high.